Milk chocolate 150g
Gianduja/Hazelnut spread 35g
Candied orange peel 15g
Pistachio nuts 25g
Preparing the toppings
- Toast the almonds, hazelnuts, and pistachio nuts in an oven. Set aside.
- Cut the candied orange peel in small pieces. Set aside.
Tempering the milk chocolate
- Heat and melt ⅔ of the milk chocolate in a double-boiler.
- Use a digital thermometer to see that the temperature of the melted chocolate reaches 48°C. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the remaining ⅓ of the milk chocolate into the melted chocolate, and stir until the temperature reads 28°C. Mix well.
- Reheat the milk chocolate mixture until it reaches 29°C, using the same double-boiler technique previously indicated.
- When the chocolate reaches 48°C, add the Gianduja.
- To shape the mendiants, place a small quantity of chocolate using a spoon on a baking paper, into a flat disc.
- Decorate the chocolate with dried fruits and some nuts on top.
- Refrigerate for these to set with the toppings.
- Feel free to make bigger mendiants as well.