Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Chocolate (70% cocoa) 200g
Egg yolks 4pcs
Egg whites 6pcs
Candied orange peels, optional
Preparing the chocolate mixture:
- Heat the cream in a saucepan. Remove from the heat, and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler or in the microwave at 50°C. Remove from the heat, and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks with the melted chocolate using a whisk.
- Add the heated cream to the melted chocolate mixture. Set aside to cool for a bit.
- Once slightly cool, add the butter.
- Cool down the chocolate mixture into 20°C. Use a digital thermometer to check its temperature. Set aside.
Making the mousse:
7. In another bowl, beat the egg whites using a whisk and gradually add sugar until hard peaks are formed.
Alternatively, you may use an electric mixer for this step.
8. Using a rubber spatula, fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until it is completely smooth.
- Transfer and divide the chocolate mousse into 4 individual glasses.
- You may also decorate it with some candied orange peels.