The day before:
Place a rack over a bowl and drain the chestnuts.
The next day:
1.Fill a large bowl with water, and add lemon juice.
2. Peel off the dark green outer leaves of the artichokes, and peel stem to remove fibrous outer layer and cut off spiny tops of leaves.
3.With a small spoon remove the chokes, then immediately add artichokes to water.
4. In a large pot, simmer olive oil over medium heat, colour the Artichokes on all faces with the baby onions then put a side to rest.
5. Add the lardon, carrot and onion Brunoise, the crushed garlic, and sweat lightly.
6. Gently cook vegetables until onions are translucent, stir frequently (for approx 10 minutes).
7. Add the Bouquet Garni, white wine, and cook until reduced by ½.
8. Add artichokes and baby onions to the pot, and pour chicken stock over them.
9. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, leave covered until artichokes are tender, offering no resistance when pierced with a knife, (approx 15 to 20 minutes).
10. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Discard Bouquet Garni. Drain the cooked Brunoise and spoon in the centre of the artichokes.
11. Reduce the cooking liquid, add some lemon juice, season with salt and pepper if needed and pour over the Artichokes. Sprinkle parsley leaves.