Paris, May 2019 –Le Cordon Bleu institute is delighted to announce that it will be taking part in the Salon de la Pâtisserie from 14 to 17 June 2019, at the Porte de Versailles in Paris. This not-to-be-missed event showcases the talents of pastry artisans and pays tribute to the myriad flavours that France’s terroirs have to offer.
A partner of the Salon de la Pâtisserie
, Le Cordon Bleu Paris is committed to giving priority to its educational goals and, as such, will give its Pastry students the opportunity to assist the Chefs throughout the exhibition. Supervised by the Institute’s Chef Instructors, they will work alongside Chefs giving pastry, chocolate and ice cream demonstrations. This experience will enable students to put their knowledge into practice and to watch leading Chefs work.
Le Cordon Bleu institute will provide participants with the opportunity to discover highly original creations during demonstrations, followed by tastings, thanks to the expertise of its Chefs. The Institute’s Chefs invite those with a passion for all things sweet to come and discover the secrets of experienced pastry chefs, in the Sweet Art
and French Touch
During the exhibition, the winners of the second “Les Etoiles du Sucre” National Trophy
, a competition aimed at showcasing young pastry professionals, will be announced. Chef Fabrice Danniel
, Le Cordon Bleu Vice-Director of Culinary Arts – Director of Operations and Chef Jean-François Deguignet, Pastry Chef Instructor and Technical Director of Le Cordon Bleu institute, will be jury members. The competition will take place on 14 June, with Father’s Day as this year’s theme.
The second Junior French Pastry Trophy
will also take place during the exhibition, with Chef Fabrice Danniel once again a jury member. This competition, which puts training centres, instructors and students in the spotlight, will be held on Sunday 16 June. The award ceremony will take place on Monday 17 June.
The “Forum” area at the Salon de la Pâtisserie will also host Masterclasses and conferences
. Chef Eric Briffard
, Executive Chef and Culinary Arts Director and Chef Fabrice Danniel will work in tandem to conduct a culinary demonstration, focusing on one key ingredient: the tomato. Programme:
- Friday 14 June from 1pm to 2pm – Culinary demonstration by Chef Eric Briffard and Chef Fabrice Danniel - Forum: Garden tomato medley, goat’s milk curds, red pesto with pomegranate, pistachio and almond “sponge cake”
- Saturday 15 June from 11am to 12pm – Sweet Art area with Chef Emanuele Martelli - Recipe: Brittany shortbread with meringue and Menton lemon
- Saturday 15 June, early afternoon – Round Table with Chef Fabrice Danniel - Forum: “Training” theme
- Sunday 16 June from 4pm to 5pm – French Touch area with Chef Soyoun Park - Recipe: Matcha tea bites
Le Cordon Bleu workshops
- Monday 17 June from 2pm to 3pm – French Touch area with Chef Laurent Bichon - Recipe: Coconut and ginger religieuses
The Salon de la Pâtisserie will also provide the opportunity to take part in unique pastry workshops, taught by Le Cordon Bleu institute Chefs. Chefs Soyoun Park, Vincent Valton, and Emanuele Martelli will take it in turns to teach no less than 12 pastry workshops during the exhibition, on the theme of macarons, éclairs and Paris-Brest.