A range of private rental properties are available through Sydney real estate agents and other agencies. These include units, flats, houses, apartments and townhouses.
It is important to note the following when making a decision about renting a property:
- Rental properties can only be secured once you are in Australia. You may be requested to provide references as evidence that you are a responsible and reliable renter.
- The price of rental properties depends on the location, style of property, amenities, condition etc.
- Fully furnished units/houses/apartments are not common in Sydney.
- Reputable real estate agents will be members of the Real Estate Institute of New South Wales.
- All agents will require you to pay a bond as part of the rental agreement. This is usually the equivalent of four weeks rent. This is in addition to paying at least two to four weeks rent in advance.
- If you are searching for a property somewhere close to the Le Cordon Bleu Sydney Culinary Institute, you should look in areas such as Ryde, North and West Ryde, Eastwood, Denistone, Meadowbank and Putney.
- We recommend that you try to look in areas that have easy access to public transport. Public transports details are available at Transport website
- You will find that a ‘Sydney, New South Wales Street Directory’ is a very useful source of information about areas in and around Ryde and Sydney generally. Directories can be obtained from any newsagency or bookshop. You can also use Google Maps.
- While your landlord is responsible for insuring buildings and contents provided as part of the rental agreement, you are responsible for insuring your personal effects e.g. computers, TVs, cameras, phones etc. This type of insurance cover is called Renters’ Insurance and typically covers theft, vandalism, fire and public liability. It can cost as little as $10 - $15 per week.
Real Estate Agents
Sydney is well serviced by a number of reputable real estate agents who manage rental properties close to the Le Cordon Bleu Sydney Culinary Institute.
Semester in Australia
Semester in Australia Housing provides great quality apartment accommodation (either single or shared) in and around Sydney.
The apartments are fully furnished. All utility connections and usage fees for internet, gas, electricity and water are included. Students are placed with students with similar interests.
Semester in Australia also provides students with pre-departure and arrivals assistance. This includes personalised airport transfers, making the transition of living in Australia much easier. An onsite Resident Director meets students on arrival for a local orientation tour of shops and public transport.
Students are also given a Welcome Pack containing essential arrival information on living and studying in Australia, a bus pass and international phone card.
For more information about accommodation with Semester in Australia visit Semester in Australia website, or contact the Suzanne Geraghty, Director on +61 402 318 501 or email Suzanne.
Other Rental Options
If you wish to look for your own rental accommodation two useful websites are:
You are strongly advised not to rent properties, or share rooms through these sites without inspecting the property and meeting prospective house mates first. Le Cordon Bleu takes no responsibility for rental arrangements through these websites.