Paris, 23 October 2017 - Le Cordon Bleu, the leading Global Network of Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Institutes, announces the creation of a Diploma in Culinary Management. The programme is aimed at students with Culinary Arts training or who have worked in cuisine or pastry and want to become entrepreneurs. Graduates will possess all the necessary tools for managing their own businesses in the hospitality and restaurant sector.
Today, almost half of French people (45% according to the survey "Les Français et l'entrepreneuriat" (The French and entrepreneurship) BNP Paribas and OpinionWay – June 2017) are tempted to become entrepreneurs. At a time when the restaurant sector continues to attract talented individuals, many are keen to launch their own businesses after completing their Culinary Arts studies. In order to equip them with the tools necessary for managing their own company, Le Cordon Bleu Paris has developed a short training programme, taught by Le Cordon Bleu Chef Instructors and experts in management and the restaurant industry.
This 3-month training programme aims to develop the ability of students to analyse, develop and create recipes using advanced technical expertise and comprehensive knowledge in the field of food and wine pairing and menu planning. The aim of the demonstrations and practical classes is to develop the students’ creativity and innovative skills in line with current culinary trends.
This training programme also equips future business owners with a whole range of skills in marketing and management, which will enable them to design a business model, including: managing a team and all kitchen activities, restaurant specific marketing and the development of a business concept
Lastly, the programme also gives students the opportunity to build a professional network.
Training programme content:
- Culinary innovation: advanced techniques (60 hours)
- Wines and spirits (24 hours)
- Gastronomy and food trends (24 hours)
- Food hygiene and safety (22 hours)
- Menu concepts and marketing (24 hours)
- Cost management (24 hours)
- Professional management of a kitchen (24 hours)
- Business environment (24 hours)
- Professional development (24 hours)
The Diploma in Culinary Management is made of 250 hours of classes in French (translated into English) over 11 weeks, of which 130 hours are dedicated to culinary techniques and 120 hours to managing a business.
Registration is open to:
- Graduates with a Le Cordon Bleu Grand Diplôme®, Cuisine Diploma or Pastry Diploma.
- Graduates who have followed a cuisine or pastry training programme.
- Individuals who can demonstrate significant experience in cuisine or pastry.
- 8 January 2018
- 26 March 2018
- 11 June 2018
- 4 September 2018