This page contains content from our previous website. To learn more about us, check out our new website.
Increase font size  Decrease font size
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

We realize that choosing a culinary school is a big decision. We have tried to make it as easy as possible  for you by providing a list of frequently asked questions. Select the relevant categories and browse the questions within them. You may also use the "Filter" for a quick search; just type in the keyword/phrase related to your question.

If there are additional inquiries, we would love to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly.


View All   Close All

Will RPL/credit transfers be taken into consideration?
Students can apply for credit for academic study. Our Academic Director will consider each application on its own merits.
How do I apply to study at your school?
You need to complete an Enrolment Form, which you will find under the ‘Apply’ tab at the top of this screen.Check that you have included all necessary attachments before sending. You will then be sent an Offer of Place and information on your next steps.
How much does it cost?
Course fees are listed under the course descriptions in the Our Programs tab at the top of this screen.
Can I get a student loan?
Our course fees are currently not eligible for student loans through Studylink.
Do you offer any scholarships?
Information can be found in the scholarship page at the top of this screen.
How do I apply for a scholarship?
You must fill out a scholarship application form, and an Enrolment form. Full details are on the Scholarships page.
Is there an age limit?
There is no upper age limit, but you must be a minimum of 16 years old to apply.
Do you offer short courses?
Yes we do. A list of our short courses, workshops, master classes can be found in the short course and event section of the website or by clicking here.
Can you assist with obtaining English Language qualifications?
Yes, we can assist with obtaining the necessary English Language qualifications. Students who require intensive English study in order to reach the required IELTS level are referred to one of our English language partners. Onsite language support is also available.
Am I able to work while I study?
Yes. You can work for up to 20 hours per week if you are an international student, domestic students can work unlimited hours.
Do I get a uniform and knife kit? And do I get to keep them?
The uniform and knife kit are included in the course fees package for all applicable programs and they are yours to keep.
Living in New Zealand
Will you help me find somewhere to stay?
We provide all applicants with information on accommodation options in Wellington and are able to provide advice and guidance. From January 2014 we will also offer our own student accommodation – please visit or email International students under the age of 18 are required to go into Homestay Accommodation and we will arrange this for them.
What sort of visa will I require if I am an international student?
If you are planning to study for more than three months you must apply for a Student Visa, and if you wish to work while you are studying, then this should be included in your visa application. You can find more information under the Student Experience tab at the top of this screen. Courses for a duration of less than three months do not require a Student Visa, but you will still require a Visitor Visa. For full details visit the Immigration New Zealand website.