Applying For Student Visa
International students coming to study at Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand must ensure their passport will not expire while they are studying here. Once you receive confirmation that you have been offered a place with us, you can apply for a Student Visa. To do this you need to complete an ‘Application to Study in New Zealand’ form INZ 1012 (hyperlinked) or a visitor visa application from INZ 1014 if you intend to study for less than 3 months.
To successfully gain your Visa you will also need:
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months from travel date
- An official ‘Offer of Place’ at Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand
- A receipt for the payment of your tuition fees
- Evidence of confirmed accommodation in Wellington
- Evidence of sufficient funds to cover your living expenses and return flights home (see visa application form section F5)
- Evidence of valid medical and travel insurance for your term of study (which we can provide for our students, see letter of offer)
- One or two character references
International students intending to study in New Zealand for more than six months will need to provide a completed temporary chest X-ray certificate. If you are studying for 12 months or longer you will need to complete a medical and chest X-ray certificate. If you are over 17 years of age and intend to study in New Zealand for longer than two years you will also need to complete a police check.
You can apply for your Visa at the nearest New Zealand High Commission, Embassy, Consulate, or Trade New Zealand office with Immigration New Zealand (INZ) services. To find out more visit www.immigration.govt.nz.
Want more information?
Full details of immigration requirements, advice on rights for employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available from Immigration New Zealand directly, and can be viewed on their website: www.immigration.govt.nz.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns or questions about your visa application.