Join Le Cordon Bleu Paris at the Salon de la Pâtisserie 2023
Le Cordon Bleu Paris is delighted to announce that it will be taking part in the Salon de la Pâtisserie from 17 to 19 June at the Parc Floral in Paris. This year’s edition of the not-to-be-missed annual event is set to shine a light on healthy and creative pastry, sponsored by Christophe Felder. It promises to be a truly indulgent treat, featuring over 100 Chefs, over 65 pastry workshops, over 100 masterclasses, 2 amateur competitions and over 35 events each day.
As one of the Salon de la Pâtisserie’s partners, Le Cordon Bleu Paris is committed to showcasing its educational focus by giving its Pastry students the opportunity to work side-by-side with the Chefs during their cooking demonstrations. Under the watchful eye of the institute’s Chef Instructors, they will have the opportunity to put their knowledge into practice and to watch leading Pastry Chefs at work.
During the pastry fair, Maison Pariès will host a competition to crown the Best Gateau Basque, with Chef Fabrice Danniel, Assistant Director of Culinary Arts at Le Cordon Bleu Paris and Head of the Pastry and Bakery Department, serving as a jury member. Chef Pastry Instructor Richard Lecoq will himself serve as a jury member for another competition, the 2023 Sens&Chocolat WORLD AWARD for Africa, selecting the winner for the International Award for the best African ‘Single Origin’ Chocolate Bar.
Saturday 17 June:
Monday 19 June:
- 1.15 p.m. - 2 p.m.: Demonstration by Chef Bichon. Recipe: strawberry and olive oil pavlova
- 2.30 p.m. - 7 p.m.: Best Gateau Basque Competition, hosted by Maison Pariès and featuring Chef Danniel as a jury member
- 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.: World Chocolate Competition featuring Chef Lecoq as a jury member
- 11.15 a.m. - midday: Panel Discussion with Chef Danniel. Topic: Pastry: evolution or revolution?
- 12.15 p.m. - 2 p.m.: Pastry workshop with Chef Martelli. Recipe: chocolate bars
- 1.15 p.m. - 2 p.m.: Masterclass with Chef Danniel. Recipe: buckwheat mandarin tart, which features on the Diploma in Pâtisserie Innovation and Wellness course.
Throughout the event, our Chef Instructors and students will be waiting to welcome you at stand C3 to tell you more about our Culinary Arts Diplomas, our Continuing Education programmes and our year-round cooking, pastry and bread baking workshops.