Founded in Paris in 1895, Le Cordon Bleu is considered today the largest network of culinary and hospitality schools in the world with more than 35 institutes in 22 countries and 20,000 students of over 100 nationalities are trained every year.
Since 2016, in a joint-venture with National Kaohsiung University of Hospitality and Tourism, the leading public university specialized in hospitality and tourism. Le Cordon Bleu Kaohsiung campus offers French cuisine and patisserie diploma that are the same quality as Le Cordon Bleu schools in worldwide.
Key roles and responsibilities of the position:
A very rare opportunity opening for young chef to work in our French Cuisine division delivering the highest possible standard of Le Cordon Bleu teaching methodology to students and customers. The main tasks include preparing for demonstration, practical and events, correctly receiving, storing ingredients and equipment, dispatching products, and supporting Chef Instructors.
- Preparations (Mise-en-Place) for Chef Instructors and students. Production for special events, other departments and staffs.
- Ensuring the preparations meet the highest standard quality and delivering in timely manner.
- Dispatch ingredients and preparations to demonstration class and practical kitchen.
- Support and assist Chef Instructor in classroom and practical kitchens.
- Provide support to students and customers including preparations and cooking.
- Set up kitchen equipment for the right demonstration and practical classes.
- Receiving and storing of ingredients and equipment.
- Maintain all state of the art equipment are in excellent condition and ready to use.
- Conduct month end inventory count.
- Ensure Le Cordon Bleu safety, hygiene, HACCP and cleanliness standard are met in the kitchen.
- Liaise with Pastry and Bakery department of any special services or preparations.
- Open to all Nationalities. Male / Female.
- Age 20 years old or above.
- High vocational, diploma or bachelor degree in culinary or hospitality.
- Knowledgeable in French Cuisine, Pastry and other culinary background is a major plus.
- Knowledgeable in HACCP, safety and hygiene standard.
- Proficient in English both spoken and written.
- Self-motivated and able to work under time pressure.
- Fast learner and team player.
If you are interested, please email the resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org