Returning to School!
Welcome back to Le Cordon Bleu Dusit Culinary School
The Ministry of Education (MOE) allows us to re-open on 1st February 2021 with guidance to mitigate the risk associated with COVID-19. After reviewing the guiding principles, we have the KEY SAFETY MEASURES FOR COVID-19 PREVENTION AND CONTROL AT SCHOOL - ‘WE DO CARE’ - we have the highest expectations for each person in our care and, as such, it is our responsibility to do our utmost to ensure that we protect the health, safety, and wellbeing of students, staff, their families and communities.
- Maintaining healthy environments and physical distancing at school and classroom
Social distancing is one of the most effective ways to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and keep ourselves and our friends; and family members healthy. Consequently, the MOE has issued guidance informing schools that they should implement strategies to limit the number of students in learning spaces and reduce interactions between students.
In addition, to the maximum extent possible within our ample space/spacious classroom, we have students in the classroom with separated desks and seating to allow for at least 1 m. of spacing between student; as well as reduced numbers of chairs and other objects to create as much open space as possible.
- Promoting behaviors that reduce COVID-19’s spread
In order to reach the goal of reopening schools as safely as possible for learning, and help schools remain open, it is important to adopt and diligently implement actions to slow the spread of COVID-19 inside the school and out in the community. This means that students, school staff, and all community members take actions to protect themselves and others where they live, work and learn. Students are strongly encouraged to refer and adhere to the School’s Covid-19 Guidelines in order to slow the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19 inside the school and out in the community:
- Before entering the school, all students must have a temperature screening at the school’s entrance on 17th floor
- Wearing a proper use of face mask at all time at school
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water or alcohol gel
- Keep at least 1 m. apart in order to maintain social distancing
- Do not share your personal objects with others, we encourage all students to bring your own tumbler/cup for drinking water.
- Cleaning and disinfecting for the classroom and shared surfaces
WE DO CARE: the school will frequently clean touched surfaces every 2 hours.
- Preparing for when someone gets sick
Students who are feeling unwell or who have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19 should not assessing the school and to stay home, as well as get tested. Students should also notify chef instructors and Student Service staff immediately.