1. What is a cookie?
3. We use the following types of cookies
4. Specific cookies we use
6. How to manage cookies
7. Further information
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
All of our web pages use "cookies" that we place on your computer or mobile device if you so agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allow us to improve the functioning of our website.
Certain cookies, however, whilst useful, are not essential, and we require your consent before we can use these cookies. By continuing to browse on our website you agree to the use of these non-essential cookies unless you specifically set your browser to reject them. Please see how to manage cookies below for further details on your choices.
3. We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – these are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website and for us to be able to provide information to you. . Without these cookies the services that you have asked for, like online application forms, cannot be provided;
- Performance cookies – these cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works; and
- Functionality cookies – these cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, these cookies can be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts, and other parts of the web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services that you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information that these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites;
- Advertising/targeting cookies – these cookies use an identification number to monitor personal preferences for the purposes of personalising pages and gathering further information. For example, presenting adverts or promotions for products similar to those previously viewed or purchased.
4. Specific cookies we use
Cookies may be set either by Le Cordon Bleu's website ("first party cookies") or by a third party website ("third party cookies") which are mainly used for social media, website analytics or advertising purposes.
By granting us permission you accept the fact that we place these types of cookies on your device. Should you decide to switch cookies off, www.cordonbleu.edu will not work as you would expect and you will get a limited access to its content.
Comprehensive information about cookies can be found at AboutCookies.org and AllAboutCookies.org.
A number of advertising network companies propose opt-out cookies to users. If you wish to know more visit:
Back to top