Terms and Conditions
Le Cordon Bleu Summer Festival
The purchase of tickets on this site is subject to availability and the Institute reserves the right to refuse entry on a case by case basis.
All festival attendees much be 18 years old or over in order to attend.
We use our best efforts to ensure that the prices of tickets displayed are correct. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some tickets on our site may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of a ticket you have ordered, we will contact you to inform you of this error. You will have the option of continuing with the purchase at the correct price or cancelling your order. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you of the cancellation.
To purchase the ticket, please follow the entire process until you receive a confirmation on payment and not only the registration otherwise we will treat your order as incomplete and your space will be released.
For all festival events, restriction applies to the number of tickets that may be purchased (one per person only) and if tickets are purchased in excess of this number we may cancel the excess tickets. This applies not just to multiple tickets in the same specific workshop, but to all workshops throughout the festival.
Workshops are not appropriate for children due to health and safety. All workshops participants must be 18 years old or over. Please note that where age restrictions apply you will need to bring proof of age - we will refuse entry to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the applicable age.
If we suspect that your ticket has been purchased fraudulently we may cancel your booking.
We reserve the right to amend, remove and alter any of the activities advertised without notice.
Receiving your tickets
Your e-ticket will be sent to the email address registered during the ordering process. Tickets are for personal use only and non-transferable. Identification may be required to validate who you are against the ticket. Failure to provide this, may result in your entry being refused.
We're unable to refund your ticket unless the show has been postponed or cancelled.
Cancellation, postponement of the event
For an exceptional reason the event may be changed, postponed or cancelled. It is your responsibility to check that the event is going ahead as staged.
At the Institute
Please ensure you arrive on time. Whilst every effort will be made to admit latecomers at a suitable break in the event, admission cannot always be guaranteed.
Please keep your ticket safe as you will be required to show it to gain entry to the event. You will also be required to show your ticket upon request for inspection at any time. Failure to do so may result in you being ejected from the venue.
Amongst other things you will need to comply with health and safety rules and any security requirements.
Photography or recording is not permitted at the institute. Food and drink (not purchased at the venue) may also be prohibited.
If you are involved with abusive, threatening, drunken or other anti-social behaviour at the event, or are carrying offensive weapons or illegal or prohibited substances you may be refused admission to or ejected from the venue without compensation or refund.
Unless negligent or guilty of some other wrongdoing causing injury, loss or damage, the Institute does not accept responsibility for accidental injury or other loss caused to the Student or for loss or damage to property.
Each participant is responsible for the security and safe use of all his / her personal property.
Current students are not permitted to attend the Le Cordon Bleu Summer Festival unless they are doing so in a voluntary capacity, assisting Le Cordon Bleu staff where necessary.
Please note that no person other than the Participant is allowed to take part in the workshop or in any part of the workshop.
It is the responsibility of the Participant to inform Le Cordon Bleu of any allergens in advance of the event and we will not be held responsible.
Due to the nature of the workshop, in registering you are confirming that you are fit to work in a professional kitchen environment.
Participants are required to wear a loose fitting long sleeved shirt or top, full-length loose-fitting trousers and appropriate shoes (flat, nonslip soles with closed toe). Sandals and high heels are not permitted in the kitchen. In addition please keep jewellery to a minimum.
All Participants are required to follow the directions of the instructor and engage positively in the classes.
The Institute reserves the right to exclude any Participant from classes who is or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Participant - the person who attends the course
Institute, School, we or us refers to Le Cordon Bleu Ltd
- The Participant must be 18 years or over at the commencement of the course.
- The Participant may take photographs of the Institute’s premises only with the prior approval of the Institute. The Institute will normally permit the Participant to take, at the end of class and for strictly personal use only, photographs of dishes prepared by the Institute teaching chefs from recipes demonstrated during that class. The Participant agrees that copyright in all photographs taken on the Institute’s premises will be owned exclusively by the Institute and such photographs may be used by the Participant only for personal, non-commercial purposes. Taking of videos by the Participant is not permitted on the Institute’s premises.
- Disclosure of medical information: For the period between the registration and close of the event, the Participant will provide the Institute with details of any medical condition, physical or mental health problem, pregnancy or allergy in order to participate in the workshop.
- The Participant shall not be entitled to use the names ‘Le Cordon Bleu’ and/or similar names or logos under any circumstances or at any time or in any place, including the internet, whether before, during or after their training and whether as a trademark, company or trading name or otherwise.
- The Participant gives her/his authorisation to be photographed and/or filmed during the classes and/or activities taking place on the premises of the Institute. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that her/his name and image may be used for Le Cordon Bleu marketing purposes in any and all forms of communication known today or in the future. The Participant agrees that the Institute may assign this consent to affiliated companies, partners or media contacts at its discretion in an ethical and responsible manner, without any obligation to notify the Participant.
- The Institute will not accept any individual, other than the Participant stated in the registration form, to attend any part of the workshop or the whole workshop on behalf of the Participant.
- If any material alteration is made before the commencement of a course, the Institute will endeavour to notify the Participant so affected, but shall not have any liability should the Participant not receive the communication.
- Institute’s liability: Unless negligent or guilty of some other wrongdoing causing injury, loss or damage, the Institute does not accept responsibility for accidental injury or other loss caused to the Participant or for loss or damage to property.
- The Institute reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject the Participant for enrolment and they shall be under no obligation to give reasons for their decision.
- The Institute reserves the right to terminate the training of the Participant at any time if the Participant fails to comply with the School Rules, or otherwise behaves in a manner which is disruptive or detrimental to the other Participants’ learning experience.
- Fees are payable in full by the participantfor payment upon submission of a completed application form to the Institute.
- If the Participant fails to attend any part or all of their workshop for any reason whatsoever, whether within or outside the Participant’s control, any fees paid shall be forfeited. The Institute will not place the Participant on any other course.
- Participants who are more than 15 minutes late for scheduled workshops will not be admitted to that class and will forfeit the course fee.
- The Participant acknowledges that the Institute will not be responsible in the event of the Participant developing food poisoning by tasting or eating food prepared in class by her/him or fellow participants. The Participant is responsible for the appropriate safe storage of her/his food after class.
- Le Cordon Bleu International’s Intellectual Property Le Cordon Bleu vigorously defends its trade marks, copyright materials and other intellectual property rights and will take action to prevent any breach of its rights, including by claiming financial compensation.
16.1 Trade Marks
Le Cordon Bleu International is the owner of a number of trade marks registered in numerous countries throughout the world for many classes of services and products, which notably include “Le Cordon Bleu”, the Le Cordon Bleu logo and “Grand Diplôme”. Participants must not use any of Le Cordon Bleu International’s trade marks, or any confusingly similar trade mark, in connection with any activity that is commercial, business-related or professional in its nature or purpose. By way of example, such prohibited use would include use as or as part of a company name, trading name, domain name or email address.
Participants acknowledge and agree not to wear any part of the Le Cordon Bleu uniform or any other clothing that bears any of Le Cordon Bleu’s trade marks in connection with any activity that is commercial, business-related or professional in its nature or purpose. Uniform and other equipment is expected to be returned at the end of the workshop and is not to be taken away from the workshop area.
16.3 Copyright Materials
The copyright in all learning, pedagogical and other materials provided to Participants by Le Cordon Bleu during their studies is owned by Le Cordon Bleu International, except for any materials which may be in the public domain and materials used by permission of a third-party copyright owner.
Such materials are provided for Participants’ personal educational use only and must not be reproduced, distributed or shared with others, except with the prior written permission of the Institute’s senior management.