Hosted by Le Cordon Bleu
Dr Roger Haden, Head of Discipline (Gastronomy)
Presenters: Suzie Clarke, Carole Holroyd, Kay Richardson
This workshop introduces experienced teachers and interested education professionals to examples highlighting new methods of student engagement and to modes of learning linked to gastronomic themes, holistic thinking and community and environmental outcomes.
Each of the 4 speakers will share how they use innovative tools in face to face and virtual contexts, to enhance Gastronomy’s multidisciplinary approach and to convey a sense of how gastronomy contributes in specific ways to knowledge, practical applications, and ultimately, to cultural well-being.
Gastronomy affords a timely opportunity to rethink current pedagogy, which while meeting curriculum demands, might also provide avenues to explore and integrate subjects and topics in ways that incorporate economics, business operations, design, philosophy, ethics, politics and multiculturalism. Teaching Gastronomy thus offers teachers and professionals great options for engaging, inspiring and applying new knowledge in new ways.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation for their attendance.
- Cost: $75
- Date: Thursday 21st June 2018
- Entry Requirements: Only available to teachers and education professionals
- Places: Limited to 25 places
- Location: Le Cordon Bleu Sydney Sydney. 250 Blaxland Road, Ryde. New South Wales 2112. Australia .
- Contact: Contact email@example.com for further information
- Download PDF Brochure
The workshop runs from 8.30am – 4pm.
- 8.30-8.50 Coffee / Tea - Le Cordon Bleu
- 9.00 - 9.15 Welcome - Dr Roger Haden | Ms Sophie Davies
- 9.15-10.15 Food Plus: Curriculum Synergies in Yrs. 10-12 (15 minutes for questions) - Carole Holroyd
- 10.30-11.30 Advancing Gastronomy: Online Education Strategies and Learning Pathways (15 minutes for questions) - Kay Richardson
- 12.00 Lunch
- 1.15-2.15 Applying Gastronomy: communities, businesses, education (15 minutes for questions) - Susie Clarke
- 2.30: Close of Presentations Dr Roger Haden
- 2.35 – 2.45 Brief introduction to Le Cordon Bleu - Le Cordon Bleu
- 2.35- 3.15 Tastings and Talking – Wine and Nibbles - Presentation of Certificates - Le Cordon Bleu
- 4pm – Day ends
Who is the programme for?
Home Economics/ Hospitality/ Gastronomy teachers.
What qualification will I gain?
A Le Cordon Bleu Certificate of Participation will be issued to all participants.