Wine trip in Bordeaux – 2 days
Le Cordon Bleu Paris is offering an exceptional two-day training course on the wines of Bordeaux that includes a one-day in-depth course on the vineyard at the Institute and a day trip to Saint-Emilion with Grand Crus winery visits.
This trip to the Bordeaux region, with a professional sommelier as a guide, will delight all lovers of fine wines.
The programme is divided into two parts:
A one-day in-depth theoretical course at the Institute:
A day trip to Saint-Emilion, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to meet wine makers and to discover carefully selected chateaux.
Chateau Beauséjour-Bécot, Chateau Pavie, and Chateau Cardinal Villemaurine. The participants will be accompanied by a professional sommelier and can put into practice the theory they learned in class.
The schedule for this day-trip to the Bordeaux region includes visiting chateaux, meeting winemakers and discovering regional cuisine.
On the agenda:
Day at Le Cordon Bleu Paris Institute
- Welcome around a breakfast.
- 6-hour enology class about Bordeaux wines, led by Franck Ramage, in a room dedicated to enology in the Institute. The participants will taste different wines in order to discover the rich variety within Bordeaux wines.
- 1 culinary demonstration orchestrated by one of our Chefs, with three food and wine pairings (starter, main course, and dessert).
Depart from Paris by train from the Gare Montparnasse to Saint-Emilion
- Morning: visit Chateau Beauséjour-Bécot and tasting of two Bordeaux Saint-Emilion 1er Grand Cru Classé B wines
- Lunch at the Logis de la Cadene (Michelin starred restaurant)
- Afternoon: visit Chateau Pavie and tasting of two wines from the Perse family wineries, one of which will be a vintage from Chateau Pavie, Saint-Emilion 1er Grand Cru Classé A wines
- Visit and Dinner at Chateau Cardinal Villemaurine with food and wine pairings with a menu that includes local specialties
Return to Paris late morning by train the next day. Return to Paris estimated around 3:30 pm.
Each participant will receive a certificate of attendance for this program.
The price includes the round-trip Paris-Bordeaux train and private bus transportation in the vineyard.
The price does not include lodging and transportation from the restaurant to the accommodation of your choosing. A list of accommodations in the area is available upon request.
The programme is translated into English.
Available to participants 18 years and above.
This course is now fully booked. Please click on the button below to be added to the waiting list.