So that the international students can settle comfortably into their culinary arts course and to help them along with their studies, research and the smooth running of their internships, Le Cordon Bleu Paris is offering French lessons (FLE – Français Langue Étrangère – French as a foreign language).
This programme is made up of 3 levels: A1, A2 and B1.
At the end of level A1, the student will be able to:
Understand and use familiar everyday expressions as well as simple statements in order to satisfy simple practical needs.
- Introduce him/herself or others, ask questions on a one-to-one basis and reply to similar questions.
- Communicate in a simple way providing the other person speaks slowly and is prepared to help.
At the end of level A2, the student will be able to:
- Understand individual sentences and common expressions used in relation to areas of most immediate relevance.
- Communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar topics and activities.
- Describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
At the end of level B1, the student will be able to:
- Understand the main points of clear, standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure activities etc.
- Feel comfortable in most situations likely to arise.
- Express him/herself in simple and coherent terms on general subjects as well as on his/her own personal interests.
- Describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions, and briefly give reasons and explanations for plans and ideas.
A specialised FLE teacher will give the lessons. The educational material is made available for all participants.
After the course, Le Cordon Bleu Paris students will be able to register for the DELF examination at the level of their choice in order to obtain a ‘Diplôme d'Études en Langue Française’ - Diploma in French Language Studies.
Enrolment for French lessons (FLE):
Two courses are available to students before or during their culinary arts programme:
|10 hours per week (standard) during the culinary arts course
Price: 1 200€ per level or 3 300€ for 3 levels
|20 hours per week (intensive) before the culinary arts course
Price: 2 300€ for 2 levels or 3 300€ for 3 levels
|2 hours of lessons per day for 11 weeks (110 hours per level) signing up for the DELF exam and passing level A1, A2 or B1. The scheduled lessons do not conflict with those of the culinary arts students.
|| 4 hours of lessons per day for 11 weeks (220 hours for 2 levels) signing up for the DELF exam and passing level A1 or A2. The first two levels (intensive) must be taken before starting the culinary arts curriculum.
The students may follow lessons from Monday to Saturday in small groups.
Please contact the admissions service (parisadmissions[@]cordonbleu.edu) for any queries and enrolment for the French lessons held at the Institute in preparation for the DELF exam.