Obtaining a Student Visa
To study in Canada, international students require a student visa.
To apply for a student visa, you must:
- Be accepted into Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa
- Receive your acceptance package.
- Use the acceptance letter within the student package to apply for a Visa.PLEASE NOTE: It can take up to three to four months to receive a student visa once you receive your Le Cordon Bleu acceptance package.
PLEASE NOTE: It can take up to three to four months to receive a student visa once you receive your Le Cordon Bleu acceptance package.
For complete details on study permits, which visa or study permits you require, and to apply for a visa, visit the Citizen and Immigration Canada website.
Other Useful Links
Below are some useful links to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website. These links provide information about study and work permits, visa offices and other important information for international students.
Visa Processing Times
Visa Offices Around the World
Studying in Canada
Study Permit Forms
Recent changes to the Canadian Student Visa Program now permit international students to work up to 20 hours per week while studying in Canada. Additionally, these students may also work full time in between school terms.
Study permit holders in Canada may gain work experience by working off campus while completing their studies.
As of June 1, 2014, you may qualify to work off campus without a work permit. If you qualify, your study permit will allow you to work up to 20 hours per week:
- during regular academic sessions and
- full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break.
To qualify, you must:
- have a valid study permit,
- be a full-time student,
- be enrolled at a designated learning institution at the post-secondary level or, in Quebec, a vocational program at the secondary level, and
- be studying in an academic, vocational or professional training program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate that is at least six months in duration.
Read more about the details of the program:
To apply, you must submit the following documentation:
- A completed and signed application form
- A photocopy of government issued photo ID or passport
- A $500.00CAD application fee for each program that you would like to register for
- A resume/CV – no culinary experience is necessary
- A Letter of Motivation – please attach a brief personal statement detailing your reasons for wishing to attend LE CORDON BLEU Ottawa Culinary Arts Institute. Please include some of your future goals.
- A valid and official language score (TOEFL or academic IELTS)
- TOEFL: 54 (internet based) or 480 (paper based)
- Academic IELTS: 4.5
You must achieve a passing grade when completing the Wonderlic test which will be provided to you on receipt of application. Please note that if you have previous culinary experience, you will need to submit a Recognition of Prior Learning Experience Form with your application for review.
Lord Elgin / Le Cordon Bleu preferred rate
Value Added Amenities Included in Le Cordon Bleu Preferred Rates:
- 15% off BEST AVAILABLE RATES
- Complimentary wireless internet
- Cancel by 4:00 PM on day of arrival with no fee
- Complimentary in-room coffee / tea
- Complimentary use of our newly renovated Fitness Club and Pool
- Free local phone calls
*Some blackout dates apply.
Reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org , on our website www.lordelgin.ca or over the phone 1-800-267-4298, 613-235-3333.
For groups of 10 rooms or more, please contact us directly to discuss group rates.