Mexico, Mexico City 17th september 2012
The grand finale of the seventh Passion Trophy (Trophée Passion) competition will be held at the Ferrandi school in Paris on October 8th. Organized by l'Académie Culinaire de France and chaired by Thierry Marx, Head Chef of the Mandarin Oriental, 10 chefs from around the world will compete for the trophy. Miguel Quezada, from the “Le Cordon Bleu Casa de Francia” restaurant in Mexico City, will represent Mexico. This year’s themes are:
- Saddle of lamb for 6 people served with 3 garnishes which must include banana and carrot in the preparation or a garnish.
- Dessert made with pineapple for 6 people that must include chocolate and beetroot.
The chefs and their assistant will have five hours to complete their dishes. The chefs are strongly encouraged to use products and spices from their home country.
- Ireland: Seamus Commons - Knockranny House Hotel & Spa
- Australia: Paul Tyas - Middle Brighton Baths - Victoria
- Japan: Hiromitsu Ebina - Imperial Hotel - Tokyo
- Belgium: Olivier Bosman - Catering Vandevelde - Brussels
- Mexico: Miguel Quezada - Le Cordon Bleu- Mexico
- Ecuador: Rodrigo Pacheco - Kitchen Standard - Quito
- Peru: Giacomo Bocchio - Restaurant Manifesto - Lima
- U.S.: Restaurant Jeffrey Lizotte-Onzo - Hartford
- Switzerland: Christoph Hunkizer - Restaurant Schärmehof - Thun
- France: Claude Calvet - Hotel du Palais in Biarritz
For more information, visit the Academy's Web site by clicking the following link.