The day before
1. Fermented dough: Dissolve the yeast in the cold water using a whisk. Add the flour, then salt. Knead for 10 minutes. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave to rest overnight in a refrigerator at 5°C.
2. Dissolve the yeast in the cold water using a whisk. Add the fermented dough, oil and flours and mix by hand or with a dough hook on low speed to combine the ingredients.
3. Knead by hand or in the machine set at medium speed and knead for 10 to 12 minutes. Add the salt, olives, tomatoes, garlic and herbs. Knead for a further 5 minutes.
4. Proving: Cover the bowl with a cloth and leave at room temperature until the dough doubles in size.
5. Butter a baking sheet. Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface and roll out into an oval shape, 1 cm thick and place on the baking sheet.
6. Second proving: Cover the dough with a cloth and leave to double in size at room temperature.
7. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
8. Brush the top of the dough with a pastry brush dipped into cold water. Use a very sharp knife to cut slashes in the dough to leave holes. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Return to top