Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand invites applications for the Bachelor of Culinary Arts and Business Scholarships each worth NZD $38,000 (over 3 years).
Who is Eligible?
- New Zealand citizens and permanent residents are welcome to apply.
- Australian citizens and permanent residents are welcome to apply.
- Applications must have met standard New Zealand university degree entry requirements
- Must be over the age of 17 at course commence.
- Students who are in their final year of high school at the time of application will need to provide forecast evidence of achievements.
How To Apply
Applicants should complete the Scholarship application form and provide certified copies of supporting documents including academic transcript, current passport or birth certificate, character reference, resume and evidence of any other achievements. In addition applicants are required to submit a one page essay on why they would like to study the Bachelor of Culinary Arts and Business at Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand. Applications must be received by 31st December 2016.
Do You Have A Degree Of Interest In The Culinary Arts?
Applications will be assessed by a panel of three consisting of representatives from Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand and local hospitality industry. Short-listed candidates will be contacted by phone for an interview. All applicants will be notified by 31st January 2016.
Notes For Application
Please read the following notes before completing the application form
- The Bachelor of Culinary Arts and Business Scholarships are being offered to celebrate the 120th anniversary of Le Cordon Bleu.
- The Scholarships are for students who are applying to study the Bachelor of Culinary Arts and Business. (it is not available to existing bachelor of culinary arts students.)
- The Scholarships will be awarded to outstanding candidates who meet the following criteria:
- meet the entry requirements and have applied to enroll in the Bachelor of Culinary Arts and Business
- have graduated from high school with a strong academic record
- demonstrate a passion for the business of culinary arts
- agree to participate in extra curricular activities as required to support and represent Le Cordon Bleu Institute New Zealand
- The successful candidates will have a NZD $12,000 per annum reduction in their tuition fees (maximum of 3 years). The Scholarship may be suspended or terminated if it is considered the scholar has not made satisfactory academic progress in each year of study.
- The balance of tuition fees will not be invoiced until after the Scholarship recipients have accepted and been announced
- Upon receipt of all applications a short list of candidates will be drawn up to be reviewed by the selection panel. The final selection of short listed candidates will be made after a personal interview (via phone) and will take into account factors such as academic merit, character, extra-curricular activities and commitment to studying business and the culinary arts at Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand.
- Applications must be made on the official form and should be sent with copies of required documents, along with an application to enrol in the Bachelor of Culinary Arts and Business, to: Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Private Bag 999045 Manners St Central Wellington 6142 New Zealand OR scan to: NZscholarships@cordonbleu.edu
- The closing date for applications is 31st December 2016. No application fee is required.
To Apply or Enquire:
Application Form Download
Phone: +64 4 472 9800