Sharpen Up - Knife Skills Workshop
Course Time: 9am – 5pm (including 1 hour break)
Where: Le Cordon Bleu NZ, Level 2, 52 Cuba Street, Te Aro, Wellington
Course Includes: All ingredients, cooking equipment and teaching resources are provided in our practical kitchens for your use on the day.
Develop your knife skills under the guidance of a Le Cordon Bleu world-renowned chef and take your newly found skills into the home kitchen. During the workshop, you will learn all the fundamentals skills that every master chef must know, such as:
- Sharpening your knife
- Various vegetable chopping styles (Julienne, Chiffonade, Jardiniere, Brunoise, etc.)
- Segmenting citrus
- Filleting a fish
- Cutting a whole Free-Range chicken into portions (breast, drum, thigh, etc.)
Our Master Chef will demonstrate a variety of classic French dishes using these ingredients, some of which you will replicate during the course such as:
- Chicken Fricassee Grand Mere
- Shallow Poached & Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Pickled Vegetables
- Parisienne Potatoes
- Baked Snapper Fillet (prep only)
What to bring: Some take-away containers to take all your delicious cooked dishes in.
This course is now fully booked. Please click on the button below to be added to the waiting list.