Culinary Arts Students
New students enrolled in the Diplôme Avancé de Gestion Culinaire (Advanced Diploma of Hospitality), Grand Diplôme, Diplôme de Cuisine (Certificate III in Commercial Cookery) and the Diplôme de Pâtisserie (Certificate III in Pâtisserie) are required to participate in a one week orientation programme.
The orientation programme provides an opportunity for students to:
- meet Le Cordon Bleu Student Services staff who will provide information on a range of services that will make adjusting to life in Melbourne much easier e.g. banking, public transport and medical facilities
- meet academic staff who will provide an overview of the study programme, timetables, assessment requirements and relevant policies and procedures
- learn about the Le Cordon Bleu Student Portal and student login arrangements
- learn about Overseas Student Health Cover
- hear about relevant laws
- participate in a tour of the campus
- have a uniform fitting
- collect textbooks
- meet and socialise with other students
- compulsory Senior First Aid training (2 days). A unit of competency will be awarded for this training.
Thursday 14 - Friday 15 January, 2016 (Term 1)
Tuesday 5 - Wednesday 6 April, 2016 (Term 2)
Tuesday 28 - Wednesday 29 June, 2016 (Term 3)
Tuesday 20 - Wednesday 21 September, 2016 (Term 4)
Le Cordon Bleu Melbourne Institute of Culinary Arts
Holmesglen Moorabbin Campus
488 South Road, Moorabbin
Note: Further venue details will be provided upon enrolment
9.00am for registration
To prepare for orientation day students will need to bring their passport, eVisa and wear business attire - white shirt, black pants or skirt and black court shoes. Jeans and tops can be worn on the field trip.