Basic Cuisine Certificate
The first level begins the culinary adventure with a comprehensive introduction to French Cuisine providing classic skills and techniques – culinary terminology knife handling and care, classic knife cuts, hygiene, and cooking methods. Techniques are layered on one another and become more complex. Demonstrations will be menu – orientated involving food preparation, balance and timing. To lay a good foundation in basic cuisine, this programme is for beginners and experienced students alike.
The aim of this programme is to provide and introduce on to French Cuisine.
- French culinary terms and definitions
- The use and care of cookery equipment
- Working in a safe and hygienic manner
- Food preparation and mise en place
- Work organisation and planning
- Introduction to French Cuisine
- French classical cooking techniques
- Variations of cooking methods
- Fonds de Cuisine – foundation sauces production
- Commodities – receiving and storage
4 intakes each year: January, April, July or October
Duration: Eleven (11) weeks
RM40,300.00 (Malaysian Applicants)
Certificate fees include: Application Fees, Resources Fees, set of uniforms and utensil
Entry requirements: High school diploma or equivalent. No prior culinary experience is required.