Non- European Union residents have to apply for a student visa at the Consulate or Spanish Embassy in its home country by presenting the "Certificate of Enrolment" and the other documents required in each case. The student will have to start this process minimum three months before the beginning of the course, to avoid problems with the timing of granting a visa.
There are 2 types of Student Visa you can apply for, depending on the duration of the programme you’re planning to apply for and, if you are planning or not to extent your stay once you finish this program:
First of all we need to determine which type of Student Visa you need to apply for, this depends on the duration of the program you’re planning to apply for, and, if you are planning or not to extent your stay once you finish this program:
LONG DURATION VISA APPLICATION (TYPE D):
- For stays exceeding 90 days. Visa required in the following cases:
- You need to be enrolled in a Degree, of any specialty, which duration is of 9 months.
- You need to be enrolled in a Certificate, of any specialty, which duration exceeds 90 days.
- You need to be enrolled in a Certificate, of any specialty; which duration is less than 90 days, and your intention is continuing in our School realize another program in the immediate consecutive call.
- Allows processing your Student Card.If you decide to continue your studies with us, you can extend your stay in Spain using this Student Card without needing to return to your country.
- To apply for this Visa, we recommend you to start the paperwork at least 2 months before the beginning of the course.
- The documentation you need to submit by Le cordon Bleu Madrid, along with the rest of the requirements, is the original letter of registration “Certificate of Enrollment”. Once we receive the full payment of the tuition fee we'll send you this original Certificate by express mail to the address you´ve given us. Therefore, it is important you make the payment in time for us tosend you the original Certificate a.s.a.p. so that you can submit the application for your visa in time.
SHORT DURATION VISA APPLICATION SCHENGEN (TYPE C)
First of all, to make sure whether you should apply or not for this type of visa in the Spanish Embassy or Consulate in your country, check your country of residence in the following list.
- For stays below 90 days. Visa required in the following cases:
- You need to be enrolled in a Certificate, of any specialty, which duration is less than 90 days, and knowing you won´t be continuing with us here in Madrid once you´ve finished.
- Doesn´t allow processing your Student Card. Once your Visa expires, you must return to your home country, and in no case you can extend your stay in Spain from here.
- To apply for this Visa, we recommend you to start with the paperwork at least 2 months before the beginning of the course.
- First of all, between the requirements, it won´t be necessary for you to submit any original documents from Le Cordon Bleu Madrid, but we would also recommend you to consult directly with the Embassy or Consulate of Spain where you apply for your visa, as this can vary according to the purpose of your trip as well as the country of origin.
You can check all this information on the website of the Government of Spain's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, by clicking here.
We remind you that it is essential to apply correctly for your Student Visa, within the time mentioned, to be able to start with us your program successfully and prevent in time any incidence that might occur.
Check your country of residence in the following list:
In addition, the student will also need to have a Health Assurance coverage during their stay in Spain. The health assurance company will have to cover students against any kind of disease or accident, and has to be able to deliver health care in Spain, meaning, that the assured will have access to any medical Centre offered by the assurance company. If the students stays more than 1 year, the assurance policy will have to be renewed.
Note: The Europ Assistance Medical Assurance is valid for Spain and all the Schengen Territory (in case the student travels):
Contact person that can help you to process your health insurance:
Elisa García: Director
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +34 650 37 67 12
Take advantage and Learn Spanish
To live the utmost Spanish experience, the students can learn Spanish during their stay here.
We offer the following courses, which take place at our university campus: