Founded in Paris in 1895, Le Cordon Bleu is considered today the largest network of culinary and hospitality schools in the world with more than 35 institutes in 20 countries and 20,000 students of over 100 nationalities are trained every year.
Since 2007, in a joint-venture with Dusit International, the leading hotel group in Thailand, Le Cordon Bleu offers French cuisine and patisserie curricula that are the same as those of the other Le Cordon Bleu schools in Europe.
In 2018, Le Cordon Bleu Dusit Culinary School is launching an innovative Diploma of Culinary Management for young entrepreneurs seeking to open their foodservice operations.
In order to complete its team, Le Cordon Bleu Dusit is looking for Academic Manager as following qualification below details:
Key roles and responsibilities of the position:
- Operate as the focal point for the co-ordination and management of all academic matters at the school - Develop and maintain a positive academic culture across the school through team based management principles and practices.
- Apply management and leadership skills to plan, organise and prioritise tasks within specified timeframes to meet prescribed outcomes.
- Liaise with key stakeholder groups to forecast the academic needs of Le Cordon Bleu Dusit and targets to inform the timely development of relevant academic programs, short courses and workshops to meet local industry needs.
- Promote LCBD as a preferred provider for the delivery of culinary and hospitality programs to local, national and international students.
- Lead the curriculum development process and the design of assessment and examination procedures for all LCBD courses.
- Develop, reviewand oversee the implementation of relevant student academic policies and procedures.
- Provide input into the development of student resources, as required, including the Student Handbook and learning guides.
- Assist with the recruitment of appropriately qualified and experienced staff for all programmes.
- Assess student applications for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), as needed Quality assurance.
- Oversee the quality of teaching and learning activities through.
(a) appraising and monitoring all culinary programmes.
(b) delivering staff development activities around continuous improvement of teacher performance including: strategies for basic methods of classroom instruction and development of lesson plans and resources.
- Implement, maintain and oversee student’s interaction with the LCB online learning platform (Engage).
- Liaise with Student Services to monitor and analyse the level of student satisfaction with academic services through the administration of student related activities such as: surveys, focus groups, student representative meetings.
- Manage and resolve student-related issues regarding academic matters arising.
- Develop a framework to ensure that compliance requirements and standards associated with obtaining school accreditation are maintained, including conduct of periodic internal audits.
- Support the School Director to coordinate the submission of relevant documentation to the Ministry of Education (MOE) in relation to maintaining the school’s accreditation status.
- Plan and preparefor scheduled educational oversight visits by the MoE, including organisation of accreditation meetings with relevant team members and resolution of non-compliances, as needed.
- Prepare monthly reports on the progress of all academic projects and matters, including compliance, for the Joint Venture Director.
- Prepare reports, including strategic papers where requested, on the progress of all academic matters for LCBD EXCOM or Board meeting, as required.
Teaching (as required)
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons in a professional manner, including the completion of lesson plans and evaluation and review strategies.