Production Pastry Chef D'Partie
Job Purpose: To effectively operate the pastry production kitchen for the Café to achieving the highest standard of food production. To manage and control the consistency of Café pastry production to the specified Le Cordon Bleu standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To be aware of and understand the Company policy in respect of sourcing ingredients.
- Through the effective use of company documentation ensure that all relevant control procedures are in place to deliver accurate production records and effective waste management.
- To ensure all policies and procedures are in line with health and safety.
- To ensure that the company food hygiene management system is in place and fully understood.
- To ensure that compliancy with the policy on personal hygiene and uniform.
- To undertake regular checks of all areas within the kitchen and storage areas to ensure complete adherence to agreed policies.
- Ensure that all equipment is operated safely and compliant with manufacturer’s guidelines for operation reporting any failures to the Head Pastry Chef.
- To work with the Head Pastry Chef to agree actions following customer feedback
- Keep up to date with latest trends in the foodservice industry and work with the team and the Head of Pastry to introduce new ideas regularly.
- To ensure that the company control procedures in respect of food production, portion control and stock management are fully implemented.
- To work with the Head of Pastry to identify efficiencies through innovative working practices.
- To attend all necessary training programs to develop your own potential and enable your progress in the company.
- To attend team meetings as required and contribute to the development and growth of the business through the sharing of good practice and your own experiences.
- To support the Head of Pastry and all other staff members for the future development of the school.
- To assist where necessary the Bakery Manager, in their absence in the daily production of bakery items.
- To attend and participate in external PR events and support with the production of related food items.
English language required.
Right to work in the UK required.
Due Date for applications:
Feb 28, 2019