WEB DEVELOPER / PROGRAMMER
The international IT department of LE CORDON BLEU based in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada) is currently seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) on-site Web Developer for designing and developing innovative web-based solutions.
As a full-time Web Developer, you will act as a high-level technical expert in development, testing and deployment of new and existing web applications. The solutions you develop will support the extensive network of Le Cordon Bleu schools located internationally.
The ideal candidate has industry experience is self-motivated, organized, and has a passion for learning new technologies. You are comfortable with all facets of the software development life cycle and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Working with minimal supervision, you are able to structure your work to achieve project deadlines. You will be an integral part of a team of experienced developers and IT professionals and given ample opportunities to learn and share your expertise with colleagues.
- Design, develop and implement cost-effective and high-quality solutions (CRM, CMS, marketing automation, integration with payment gateways, etc.)
- Actively participate in the early stages of software analysis to help management determine the feasibility of projects according to current needs and objectives.
- Assist in writing and maintaining technical documentation using industry standard formats.
- Monitor deliverable deadlines against scheduled completion dates using a ticketing system and ensure proper follow-ups with the various stakeholders.
- Collaborate with colleagues and the QA specialists to ensure that the final product is up to the company standard of quality.
College or university diploma in computer science or equivalent.
3-5 years of related experience
- Excellent knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming;
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (preference MSSQL / T-SQL);
- Experience with data-modeling and a good understanding of best practice in regard to normalization and optimization;
- Solid understanding of web infrastructure and workflow;
- Good knowledge of HTML standards, CSS and CSS preprocessors;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, with an ability to zone-in on potential defect quickly;
- Experience with distributed source control software (Git, Mercurial, …);
- Ability to grasp new software quickly;
- Strong communication skills in English (both verbal and written);
- Bilingual English - French;
- Experience with Lucee or Adobe ColdFusion;
- Experience with one modern CFML framework such as ColdBox;
- Understanding of web services and API design principles;
- Some knowledge of the .NET framework or JDK;
- Basic understanding of network troubleshooting;
- Experience in CMS, CRM and e-commerce software;
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure, virtualization and containers;
- Web server administration in a Windows environment;
- MS SQL Server administration;
- Proven experience working in a team to provide client-focused solutions.
How to apply:
We thank all applicants for their interest in LE CORDON BLEU. In applying, kindly provide a full resume with cover letter as well as a portfolio (links) of previous work. We will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
Due Date for applications:
Aug 23, 2019