This 2-day workshop will cover natural light food photography techniques, image styling and post-production, run by prominent food photographer Fran Flynn. On day 2, you will experience an on location shoot in a restaurant.
Le Cordon Bleu Gourmet Short Courses are non-accredited / non-award courses. Participants receive a Certificate of Participation from Le Cordon Bleu CordonTec.
Food Photography & Styling Workshop
- Cost: $675
- Date: Friday 10th - Saturday 11th May 2019
- Location Day 1: Le Cordon Bleu Brisbane, 121 Colchester Street, South Brisbane, Queensland, 4104
- Location Day 2: Restaurant TBC
I attended the Adelaide Le Cordon Bleu Food Photography & Styling workshop 2018. The amount of information received and actually taken in was incredible. There were people of all skill levels and I believe each one of us progressed in our own skills over the two days. Highly recommended and I can't wait to further my knowledge with Le Cordon Bleu again soon. Alexandra Kate - The Botanical Table
10am – 5pm
At Le Cordon Bleu Brisbane
- Using natural light techniques in food photography & image styling; explore objects and surfaces, shape and form, light and shade, direct and indirect light.
- Conception, organisation and realisation: examine different photographic approaches.
- Choosing angle of shot, image composition guidelines, managing food preparation, props and backdrops.
- Introduction to editing and post production.
Lunch is not provided on Day 1.
9am – 1pm
On location at restaurant ( Restaurant TBC)
Restaurant environment – photographic shoot:
- Explore design and content – Individual artistic approaches
- Food preparation, pros and backdrop
- Trouble shooting + critique of images.
Following the shoot on day two students will be invited to a shared lunch at the restaurant.
This course is perfect for:
- Photographers wishing to improve their food photography skills;
- Food enthusiasts wanting to understand techniques for taking food images using natural light;
- Individuals wanting to learn basic techniques for editing food images;
- Individuals working in small food/hospitality/culinary businesses looking to do their own food photography.
Participants must bring a DSLR, or SLR camera. A simple point and shoot camera (or iPhone) will not suffice. Please also bring or borrow a tripod, and laptop for viewing your images. Preferable for laptop to have editing programs Lightroom and/or Photoshop. Styling props will be provided.