Discover the art of making traditional and contemporary styles of French bread with our master Baker who will guide you step-by-step through the bread making process in this 2-day specialty short course.
Make timeless classics and contemporary styles such as:
- French baguettes
- Ficelle (mini baguettes)
- Pain au levain
- French country ring with mixed flours
- Mich (rustic French boule made with whole wheat flour)
- Couronne de Bourdelaise
- Pain de Bejourlais (red wine bread with walnuts)
- Fig and fennel pain au levain
- Pain de seigle (sourdough rye)
- French decorative breads (fleur, fendu and tabatierre)
This hands-on workshop covers the complete bread making technology, including flour preparation and the role of yeast in leavening and fermentation - a crucial step in making perfect home-made bread.
Take home a delicious selection of warm, freshly baked bread to enjoy with family and friends.
Traditional and Contemporary French Breads:
- Cost: $375
- Date: Thursday 4 - Friday 5 July 2019 (two days)
- Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Location: Le Cordon Bleu Adelaide - Regency International Centre - 137 Days Road, Regency Park, SA, 5010. Location Map here.
- Brochure: To view all Gourmet Short Courses available in Adelaide click here
*Recipes are accurate at the time of publication but are subject to change based on product availability.