Food Photography and Styling Workshop
Natural and available light techniques in food photography.
This hands-on class run by prominent food photographer, Josie Withers will cover natural light food photography techniques, image styling and social media.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued to all participants.
- Using natural light techniques in food photography & image styling; explore objects and surfaces, shape and form, light and shade: direct and indirect light
- Collecting props for food photography and useful equipment
- Editing and post production
- Planning and preparation for at-home photoshoot
Lunch provided at Regency International Centre – Tiros @ Restaurant
- Restaurant environment – on-location photoshoot – food photography and styling
- Conception, organisation and realization: examine different photographic approaches
- Explore Design and Content – Individual artistic approaches
- Food Preparation, Pros and Backdrop
- Trouble shooting + critique of images
- Exposure to photographing in a ‘live’ Chefs kitchen
Students will be provided with a variety of dishes (meat, fish, vegetables, breads, cheeses and deserts) throughout the photoshoot.
Following the shoot on day two students will be invited to a shared lunch at Osteria Oggi Restaurant.
Students must bring a DSLR, or SLR. A simple point and shoot camera (or iPhone) will not suffice. Please also bring or borrow a tripod, and laptop for viewing your images. Preferable for laptop to have editing programs Lightroom and/or Photoshop. All other equipment will be provided.
NB: An assumption of Photography Basics will be expected ie shutter speeds and camera setups will not be covered.
This course is now fully booked. Please click on the button below to be added to the waiting list.