Traditional Artisan Bread Baking
Rival traditional French bakeries as you learn the secret techniques of making bread during this specialized course. At Le Cordon Bleu Adelaide we will teach you the uses of fresh yeast, the different types and qualities of flour, and how to master the various stages of bread baking. All necessary ingredients and equipment are provided, and you take home your day’s work.
AUD $515 per person
Thursday 27th – Friday 28th July
Monday 11th – Tuesday 12th September
2-day Traditional Bread Baking Workshop Presentation
The Traditional Bread Baking Workshop covers the whole methodology; how to prepare the flour and notably how to calculate temperatures, process water and the technology behind yeasts. You will also receive training on how to make breads in the traditional way and how to master yeast and leaven and fermentation, a crucial step in making perfect home-made bread.
You will leave the Traditional Bread Baking Workshop with true expertise and all the recipes covered during the 2 days. You will also be awarded a Certificate of Participation.
On the agenda of the Traditional Bread Baking Workshop
- The traditional French and European bread baking process and discover recipes which introduce a whole range of different bread variants.
- Covers the whole methodology; how to prepare the flour and notably how to calculate temperatures, process water and the technology behind yeasts and sourdough culture.
- Training on how to make breads in the authentic traditional way and how to master yeast, levain and long cool fermentation, a crucial step in making perfect home-made bread.
- White bread (baguette and small bread)
- Country style bread (Potato and Rosemary sourdough)
- Olive and dried tomato bread – fougasse
- Rye bread – Rolls and Rye Pie.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Le Cordon Bleu Apron and Tea Towel supplied.
Approximately 6 hours of class per day.
Class limited to 12 participants.
Tuition: AUD 515.00
Duration: 2 days