This exciting course introduces the various combinations, properties and applications of Pâtisserie as students progressively learn to prepare a wide selection of cakes, desserts and pastries.
- French pastry terms and definitions
- Basic dough
- Introduction to creams and fillings
- Traditional desserts and cakes, classical techniques and basic decoration
- Masking and glaçage
Students are assisted by the Chefs to develop artistic skills necessary to prepare and decorate a variety of French desserts and pastries. This course allows students to prepare variations on a range of classical and contemporary French desserts.
- Classic and contemporary French desserts
- Traditional desserts, cakes and yeast goods
- Hot and cold restaurant desserts
- Chocolate – basic techniques
Superior Pâtisserie is separated into specialized areas: Restaurant Desserts, Chocolate Work and Decorative Sugarwork. It combines the knowledge, techniques and artistic skills of the Basic and Intermediate levels and encourages students to personalize their work and to be more artistic.
- Gateaux, tarts and contemporary cakes
- Petits fours and cakes
- Chocolate – advance techniques
- Sugarwork – cooking, colouring, pulling and blowing
- Decoration and presentation