Course Time: 9am – 4pm (1 hour lunch break included)
Where: Le Cordon Bleu NZ, Level 2, 52 Cuba Street, Te Aro, Wellington
Course Includes: Lunch (duck with grattineted vegetables and Tiramisu), All ingredients, cooking equipment and teaching resources are provided in our practical kitchens for your use on the day.
Course Details/Summary: Sauces are the foundation of French gastronomy and many other international cuisine styles. In this course, our Le Cordon Bleu Cuisine Chef will lead you through the preparation of a number of classic and modern variations.
You will learn to create an essential range of sauces, stocks, emulsions and coulis to compliment a wide variety of dishes:
- Mother sauces (e.g. Béchamel, Mornay)
- Secondary sauces (e.g. Bordelaise)
- Modern style sauces (e.g. Syphon Tiramissu)
- Basic sauces (e.g. Beurre Blanc)
- Sweet sauces (e.g. Crème Anglaise)
- Basic stocks (e.g. White Chicken Stock)
- Emulsions (e.g. Mayonnaise, Vinaigrette)
- Fruit & vegetable coulis (e.g. Fenoul & Parsley Coulis, Raspberry Coulis)
- Hot emulsions sauces (e.g. Herb Emulsion)
- Bigarade sauce (e.g. Orange Duck Sauce)
No previous culinary experience is required to participate in this course.
Price: NZD 199.00
Duration: 1 day