A great Cooking School will give you the qualifications you need
Do you have a passion for creating or cooking unique food dishes? Does the amount of time you spend in the kitchen feel more therapeutic than a chore? If you answered yes, pursuing a career in cooking/culinary could be for you.
There are many certifications to choose from depending on how much time and what specifics you would like to achieve. Since everyone has to eat to survive, culinary is a sustainable career that won't be slowing down anytime soon. Culinary Arts is similar to other certificate and degree programs. These cooking schools provide individuals with the know-how and what it takes for a successful cooking career. These levels of expertise start out as:
- Certificate/Diploma Programs gives you the foundation and prepares you for entry level kitchen employment. This training allows you to work with instructors on the use of garde mangers, grills, frying, and sauté. The duration of study should be around one year or less and upon completion; graduates will receive certificates for the achievements.
- Associates Degrees are based on a two year curriculum and are the most sought after programs among chef candidates. Hands-on culinary kitchen training and general education in Math, English, Writing, and Communications. Students learn preparations for all categories such as seafood, meat, pastries, and banquet. Extra things you'll learn are:
- Cuisines of Various Locations
- Understanding Latin, American, Asian, and other food traditions
- Knowledge of Gastronomic Pairings (Wine)
- Bachelor's Degree has a more profound understanding of cooking and business. Having this degree is a high accomplishment and opens doors to culinary jobs and entry level management. Students are taught people skill, accounting, and business. Graduates have a wide range of food industry jobs to choose from after about four years of training.
- Masters Degree provides individuals with complete mastery of culinary arts. These graduates are known as kitchen pros thanks to their mastery of culinary principals and hands-on training with upper tier chefs. This advanced study degree is the cream-of-the-crop in the cooking industry.
Thing To Consider Before Initiating Your Study
Being practical is the way to go before starting any project or study. Do you have enough time between work, school, and family? Some culinary arts programs require you to earn while you learn and being flexible can make things easier for you. If you're needing work as soon as possible, a short term diploma or certificate is best since the course can be completed within a year from most cooking schools. With you're new expert knowledge, the food industry has a huge job field and outlook. Though depending on how much study and training you have determines what specific job you'll receive. Here are a few job opportunities:
- Prep Cook
- Sous Chef
- Baking Assistant
- Hospitality Management
- Research and Development Chef
- Cullinary l
- Grill Cook
- Operations Manager
- Junior Chef de Partie Chef
- Chef de Partie
- And Many More
One of the best things of living in the 21st Century is the availability of higher learning facilities and cooking schools. Culinary Arts is huge and popular worldwide so finding a school or training shouldn't be too hard. One of the best and most prominent culinary schools by the name of La Cordon Bleu, has many locations worldwide. This institution needs no introduction and it hosts programs like culinary arts, baking, pastry, enthusiast cooking classes and online programs. Some due diligence in research and you're all set.
The time is now for turning your dreams into a reality. With the abundance of cooking schools scattered across the globe you'll definitely find the one that fits your needs best.