Please note it is also possible to apply for the certificates individually, beginning with Basic Cuisine.
- Basic Cuisine Certificate Prerequisite: noneBasic Cuisine introduces to the traditional French culinary techniques. In this initial programme you will learn:
- Classical cooking techniques including professional knife skills, fish filleting, introduction to plating presentation…
- Elementary methods of cooking and basic cuisine preparations
- Introduction to wine and cheese knowledge
- Food safety and hygiene in the kitchen
- Personal kitchen organisation and management skills
- Intermediate Cuisine Certificate Prerequisite: Basic Cuisine CertificateAn introduction to classicFrench regional dishes and European cuisine techniques, through which you will apply the techniques introduced during the basic level certificate.
- The importance of mise en place: understanding, organisation and production
- Comprehensive study of classical cuisine and French regional cuisine
- European culinary techniques and cuisine
- Enhanced knowledge of professional kitchen skills
- Food and wine pairing
- Superior Cuisine Certificate Prerequisite: Intermediate Cuisine CertificateConfident in classic culinary techniques, you are encouraged to be more creative in both taste and presentation and learn more about the current evolution of worldwide cuisine techniques.
- Extending classical and contemporary cooking techniques
- Analyse wine and food pairing
- Seasonal and market influences on cuisine
- Recipe production with rare, high quality produce
- Precision and efficiency in the kitchen
Le Cordon Bleu Cuisine Diploma also includes a number of important and fundamental Pâtisserie techniques, that will be applied to sweet and savoury dishes. This is one of the most comprehensive diplomas you will find in the world.