Le Cordon Bleu News, 02/16/2010
1 eschallot (finely diced)
100 mls dry white wine
100 mls fish stock
100g unsalted butter (cold, cubed)
1 blood orange juiced
1Cardamon Pod (crushed)
- Sweat the eschallots until translucent.
- Add the white wine, lightly crushed cardamon pod and orange juice.
- Reduce the liquid by two thirds.
- Add the fish stock and also reduce by two thirds.
- Strain the liquid.
- Whisk in the cold cubed butter until the sauce reaches a coating consistency.
3 scallops with shells
50g carrot Julienne
50g red capsicum Julienne
50g zucchini Julienne
2 slices of pancetta
1 blood orange (can be substituted with a normal orange)
100g baby mesclun leaves
30mls virgin olive oil
- Remove scallops from shells, wash shells.
- Grill pancetta until crispy and break into smaller pieces.
- Peel and segment oranges.
- Season and sear scallops in a hot pan.
- Remove and drain.
- Toss carrot, capsicum and zucchini in a hot pan until lightly cooked, season.
- Place a small pile in each shell, top with a scallop and lightly coat with Beurre Blanc.
- To garnish lightly toss the salad leaves in olive oil.
- Place segments of orange on plate, top with salad and pancetta.