300 g fresh salmon fillet, skin and bones removed
150 g smoked salmon
30 ml white wine vinegar
100 ml water
4 white peppercorns
1 bay leaf
125 g plain yogurt
200 g cream cheese
Salt and white pepper
- Place the vinegar, water, peppercorns and bay leaf in a shallow pan over medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer. Place the salmon in the liquid, cover and reduce the heat to low. Poach 3-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the piece of salmon. Remove from the heat, set aside and allow to cool in the liquid.
- Finely chop the smoked salmon. Soften the cream cheese with the yogurt.
- Using a vegetable peel, peel the lime and remove any of the white pith. Finely chop. Juice the peeled lime and reserve.
- Remove the cooled salmon from the poaching liquid and pat dry. Flake into small pieces into a bowl. Add the chopped smoked salmon, the cream cheese mixture, the lime zest, lime juice. Stir vigorously and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl and chill well before serving. Serve with thinly sliced rye bread.
» Study cuisine courses at Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa
» Did you miss out the previous recipe: Parmesan shortbread with Spring vegetables?