Before leaving school and heading for a 6 month internship, the students participated in a practical evaluation in the kitchen and service areas, and were supervised by Chef Vaca and Sylvain Boussard, the head of the program.
During the program, courses in culinary techniques and service allow students to:
- Put into practice the techniques in cuisine and pastry applications.
- Understand and implement the principles of team work (front and back of house), service procedures and their importance.
- Determine correct order in food preparation organization.
- Know the importance of timing in a professional kitchen.
The jury for this special evening was composed of certain members of the permanent teaching staff and renowned guests such as:
- Marie-Anne Dufeu, communication teacher, management trainer and consultant in the food service industry and former assistant director of the Ritz-Escoffier cooking school at the Ritz Hotel.
- Thérèse Libert, nutrition, food hygiene and safety teacher, freelance dietician, educator and consultant for high-level sportsmen and women.
- Eric Riewer, wine consultant and teacher at ESSEC since 2009.
- Maxime Bellenguez, co-owner of the Solyles restaurant in Paris.
- Eric Roset, Director of Newrest and graduate of the Lausanne Hotel School.
- David Liebaux, Pastry chef and chocolatier Liébaux Paris.