As an integral member of the accounting team, reporting to the Financial Controller or such other person as designated by the President, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the smooth operation of the financial and accounting procedures associated with Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts Institute in Ottawa. This includes course admission and registration for the school, costing and profitability analysis for the fine-dining restaurant, and application of sound accounting practices for the associated local entities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Costing of Products, events and services, including analysis and reporting of results
· Process A/R & large volume of A/P transactions for the school, restaurant and associated local companies, ensuring compliance with GAAP and internal accounting policies.
· Maintain monthly close of general ledgers.
· Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly reports and financial statements to meet both internal and external reporting requirements
· Review the work of the Accounting Coordinator for accuracy
· Assist with transaction process to ensure a timely and accurate monthly closing
· Responsible for data integrity
· Assist the Controller in preparation of documents for the annual financial statement audit
· Monthly profitability and other ad hoc analyses, and balance sheet reconciliations.
· Maintain Current knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
· Perform other related functions as requested or assigned by management.
Attributes of the person in this position would ideally include:
· Bilingualism in French and English
· Attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task
· High level of self-motivation and organization skills
· Ability to work with staff at different levels in the organization.
· A University or College Degree in Accounting; nearing completion of a designated accounting programme, or a combination of the above with relevant practical experience will be considered.
· The ideal candidate is not afraid of rolling up their sleeves to get the job done.
· Ability to process a high volume of transactions, streamline and improve procedures, and also contribute suggestions to improve profitability in operations.
· A strong work ethic, the ability to multi task and prioritize, Navision experience and French are all assets.
Job Type: Full-time
Local candidates only:
Accounting: 5 years
Please email your cover letter and resume to: HROttawa@cordonbleu.edu