The fundamentals of Boulangerie are covered in this unique, specialized course offered in Ottawa, designed specifically for those wishing to pursue excellence in the craft of Boulangerie.
Classes are conducted by a Chef Instructor in a hands-on workshop format with a low student-to-teacher ratio. Classroom theoretical instruction is also provided as part of the well-rounded program.
Boulangerie de Base:
- Bakery Theory
- The student will begin with an in-depth look at the core fundamentals of baking and food safety. Topics covered include types and choices of ingredients, baking techniques, the fundamentals of fermentation and food safety, among others.
- Introduction to Yeast Doughs
- The student will learn and understand the factors that influence yeast growth and finished dough structure. Topics covered include: development, fermentation, proofing, shaping and patterns with products including baguettes, bagels, rolls and others.
- Breakfast and Specialty Breads
- Laminated & rich doughs are studied. Products such as croissants and brioche, among many others, are perfected. The student will also be exposed to international viennoiseries styles such as stollen, pannetone and danish.
- Artisan Breads
- Development of starters such as Poolish and Sourdough are put into practice with products including rye bread and ciabatta, among others. The student will also learn how to use specialty flours to address dietary restrictions.
Total Tuition of Boulangerie de Base: $9,800.00 CAD
Admission: 4 Sessions per year
This program is approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005