WSET® International Higher Certificate in Wines and Spirits
This qualification is for those wishing to study the subject of wines and spirits in greater depth than WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits , in a language other than English. Candidates who are also planning to study for the WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines and Spirits qualification will need to sit Diploma Entry Exam in English.
Who it is aimed at?
- People employed in the drinks and hospitality industries in a supervisory capacity, needing core information to advise management and customers with authority and make informed selections of wines and spirits.
- Wine connoisseurs who wish to learn about wines and spirits in a rigorous and structured manner and gain an internationally recognised wine and spirit qualification.
- Course Introduction and Tasting Technique,
- Wine Making/Viticultur
- France 「Burgundy and Alsace」
- France 「Bordeaux and South-West France」
- France 「Loire, Rhone and South France」
- Germany, Austria, Hungary, English
- Spain, Portugal and Greece
- Australia and New Zealand
- Sparkling Wines
- Canada, South Africa
- Fortified Wines
- Spirits and Liqueurs
- Candidates must be aged over 20 years old
- Candidates are advised to hold the WSET®Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits before studying for the WSET® International Higher Certificate in Wines and Spirits.
How to gain the qualification:
You must successfully complete
- Unit 1(45 minutes)
- a multiple choice paper of 50 questions
- Unit 2(15 minutes)
- an internally set and assessed blind tasting of one wine.
»How to Apply