2016 Orientation Program
Culinary Arts students
New students enrolled in the Diplôme Avancé de Gestion Culinaire (Advanced Diploma of Hospitality), Certificat de Commis de Cuisine (Certificate III in Commercial Cookery) and the Certificat de Commis de Pâtisserie (Certificate III in Patisserie) are required to participate in a one week orientation program.
The orientation program provides an opportunity for students to:
- meet Le Cordon Bleu Student Services staff who will provide information on a range of services that will make adjusting to life in Adelaide much easier e.g. banking, public transport and medical facilities
- meet academic staff from the University of South Australia who will provide an overview of the study program, timetables, assessment requirements and relevant policies and procedures
- learn about the Le Cordon Bleu Student Portal and University SA student login arrangements
- learn about Overseas Student Health Cover
- hear about relevant laws
- participate in a tour of the campus
- have a uniform fitting
- collect textbooks; and
- meet and socialise with other students.
During orientation week students will also participate in:
- a field trip to the Adelaide Hills to visit the Cleland Wildlife Park, historic town of Hahndorf for lunch and Mount Lofty Summit; and
- compulsory Senior First Aid training (2 days). A unit of competency will be awarded for this training.
Monday 11 - Friday 15 January, 2016 (Semester 1)
Monday 4 - Friday 8 July, 2016 (Semester 2)
Le Cordon Bleu Adelaide Campus
Regency International Centre for Tourism, Hospitality and Food Studies
Days Road, Regency Park Campus Map
Note: Further venue details will be provided upon enrolment
9.00am for registration
To prepare for Orientation Day, students will need to bring their passport, eVisa and wear business attire - white shirt, black pants or skirt and black court shoes. Jeans and tops can be worn on the field trip.