Food Photography and Styling Workshop
Natural and available light techniques in food photography.
AUD $499 per person
Friday 18th November - Saturday 19th November, 2016
This hands-on class run by prominent food photographer, Josie Withers will cover natural light food photography techniques, image styling and social media.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued to all participants.
Day 1: 9am - 4.30pm
- Using natural light techniques in food photography & image styling; explore objects and surfaces, shape and form, light and shade: direct and indirect light
- Collecting props for food photography and useful equipment
- Editing and post production
- Planning and preparation for at-home photoshoot
Lunch provided at Regency International Centre – Tiros @ Restaurant
Day 2: 9am - 12 noon
- Restaurant environment – on-location photoshoot – food photography and styling
- Conception, organisation and realization: examine different photographic approaches
- Explore Design and Content – Individual artistic approaches
- Food Preparation, Pros and Backdrop
- Trouble shooting + critique of images
- Exposure to photographing in a ‘live’ Chefs kitchen
Students will be provided with a variety of dishes (meat, fish, vegetables, breads, cheeses and deserts) throughout the photoshoot.
Following the shoot on day two students will be invited to a shared lunch at Osteria Oggi Restaurant (from approximately 12noon - 3pm).
Students must bring a DSLR, or SLR. A simple point and shoot camera (or iPhone) will not suffice. Please also bring or borrow a tripod, and laptop for viewing your images. Preferable for laptop to have editing programs Lightroom and/or Photoshop. All other equipment will be provided.
NB: An assumption of Photography Basics will be expected ie shutter speeds and camera setups will not be covered.
Tuition: AUD 499.00
Duration: 2 days