The Le Cordon Bleu Careers Services team is focused on providing you with the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviours to manage your life, lifelong learning and work in an autonomous and planned manner.
This is achieved by offering a range of career development services and resources including:
- Assistance in finding work-based learning experiences
- Personal and professional support during work-based learning experiences
- Academic assessment of work-based learning (Culinary Arts and Bachelor Degree programmes only)
- Access to career development resources via the Le Cordon Bleu Career Services portal
- Coordination of career development seminars e.g. resume and job application writing, interview preparation and goal setting
- Advice on career and associated study pathways
- Coordination of career fairs and industry networking events
Work-based learning is an integral part of Le Cordon Blue study programmes. It provides an opportunity for you to apply the knowledge and skills you have gained in classroom contexts to the workplace, and to reflect upon your personal strengths and future career aspirations. Work-based learning opportunities also enable you to start building your industry reputation and professional networks.
Le Cordon Bleu has developed strong partnerships with hospitality organisations across Australia and internationally to facilitate students' work-based learning programmes. In Australia, this industry network includes destinations such as far North Queensland where the majestic Great Barrier Reef draws tourists from across the globe to regional destinations such as Uluru and Broome and the cosmopolitan cities of Melbourne, Sydney and Perth. Internationally, work-based learning opportunities exist for Le Cordon Bleu students in Dubai, Canada, London, Singapore, Thailand, Scotland and the USA to name just a few. (Note: you are required to organise your own visas for overseas destinations, if applicable.)
Le Cordon Bleu study programmes incorporate three types of work-based learning:
- ‘Industry Placements’ in all Culinary Arts programmes (six months duration)
- ‘Professional Experience’ in all Bachelor Degree programmes (two blocks of six months)
- ‘Hospitality Industry Experience’ in Master of International Hospitality Management programme (six months duration)
All work-based learning experiences provide exposure to the hospitality and food-related industries by affording you with the opportunity to work in environments such as world class hotels, resorts, kitchens, restaurants, convention centres, and small to medium food and wine businesses. Your particular experience(s) will depend upon your programme of study, career goals, passions and preferred work destination.
All work-based learning experiences are assessed and successful completion is necessary in order for you to achieve qualifications.